Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Thinking outside of the box

So long Tacoma.....

.....hello house

I'm grateful that I have a husband who can see creative ways to solving problems. When our landlord came back early from Australia and we were facing a move much sooner than we had anticipated, we were discouraged because we simply did not have enough money saved for the down-payment to buy a house. It looked as if we would need to find another rental. But thanks to Mark's thinking "outside of the box", we sold our truck and with that cash and the money that we can save between now and March 26, we will have the necessary funds to close on a house in Denver.

I'm also so grateful that Mark doesn't need a lot of "stuff" to make him happy. In this case, it was selling the truck (which we really liked) and keeping the '98 Honda so that we can have our "own" home.

I'll keep you posted on the progress of buying our house.

5 comments:

  1. Yea! We are so excited to have you in Denver, and Peter is especially happy to have his golfing buddy around. I love how God keeps bringing people in and out of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! Thank the Lord for His goodness and provision for y'all! Love the house... I can't wait to see y'all make it home...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about you and wondering if you had any word on the house and if the truck sold. Glad to hear the good news. Let's walk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I've heard the trade in value for a tacoma was good....didn't know it was THAT good (kidding) can't wait to see it in a couple days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carla!
    I love your blog and your kids' blogs. You are all such strong women and I really love being a part of your life.

    Congrats on the house...I can't wait to see pictures soon. Hopefully we'll get to visit in the coming years. Love you! Laura

    ReplyDelete