Monday, April 20, 2009

The blessings of moving...lifelong friends


Not friends but admittedly, these guys are the #1 reason to visit Idaho. I miss them so much!


Maggie-we became "kindred spirits" the day we met!


Edna...we have been dear, dear friends for many years!


Anvita....one day older than Kirstin and expecting her first baby :)

Mark and I have have moved quite a few times and the actual "moving" part is the LEAST favorite part of all. As I type this, I am STILL unpacking boxes with our recent move into a house that we bought in Denver. It is at about this point in the move that I vow that I will NOT move again!!!

And then it happens.....just when I think that I am destined to spend the remainder of my days organizing a household, putting together yet another storage system for the closets (or lack thereof)....life just takes hold of our new surroundings and I start to feel "at home".

I just returned from a trip to Idaho. A part of my heart is still there....with some incredible friends, not to mention Keje, Patrick, Adam and Trish...who live in the Inland Pacific Northwest. It was bittersweet to visit....loving every minute while I was there and so sad to leave.

I have often told our kids and friends that it SHOULD hurt to move. Because when it hurts, you know that you were really part of the community. You KNOW that you were blessed with lifelong friends!!!

1 comment:

  1. I know that feeling, and you said it so well. I'm glad you had a great visit with the kids and friends. They look great!

    ReplyDelete