Tuesday, May 26, 2009

bag lady



One of the funnest things about living in the city is being able to walk to the many restaurants in our "neighborhood". Mark and I like to try them out...finding our new favorite, which is difficult since there are so many good places to choose from.

We were on the way back from one of the Chinese restaurants on Friday night. We hadn't even walked a block when the heavens opened up and it started to rain....rain really hard! We have several umbrellas at home but we didn't bring one with us (it IS Colorado...and there was no indication of rain when we left). Since we had about another 9 blocks to home, we dashed to the nearest place that was open....a grocery store.

We bought "Hefty" bags to use as raincoats for the remainder of our journey home. I grabbed another grocery sack for my head and we began race-walking home. I must of been quite the sight (and quite the embarrassment to Mark). I didn't even notice the double-takes from passing motorists.. hey, I was on a mission to get home as quick as possible. After Mark took this picture in our front yard, now I know why. We have some bag ladies who roam the neighborhood but I think that I should get the bag lady award! What do you think???

2 comments:

  1. you look hilarious! you definitely get the award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably would've been one of those people doing a double-take. You definitely get extra points for creativity.

    ReplyDelete