Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Keadryn


I ALMOST missed this birth. Once Jordan was cleared to not take the "devil drug" anymore to stop her contractions and that she was good-to-go for the birth....the contractions stopped coming. We tried everything from walking the border at all hours of the night, walking the mall during the day because it wasn't so hot, driving (more like four wheeling) through the desert, even castor oil. I went to bed the night before I was supposed to leave resolving that it was ok...Keje would be coming and she would be there to see her niece be born.

I remember being woken up the next morning by Jordan rubbing my back and saying "my water broke"! After calling Mark and the airlines and doing some major "sweet-talking" to the reservation agent to change my ticket and not be charged an arm and a leg, I was given an additional 36 hour window or opportunity. Of course we thought that the contractions would start...but no such luck. After 24 hours and just when Jordan was getting ready to head to the hospital to be induced for labor...little miss "I'll do it my way" started to come. I was so blessed to be at the birth and spend a snipet of time with her before I had to leave. Luckily, Auntie Keje would be there next (we actually passed through London the same day but at different airports) and then Auntie Keeks (Kirstin) would follow Keje.

I love this little independent one....she is sweet and spunky...mixed into a ball of energy! Happy 2nd birthday, Kead!

1 comment:

  1. SO glad that you could be there and I loved reading this, I thought for sure she would come earlier too! Maybe one day we'll get the timing right...

    love you!

    ReplyDelete